The best way to build our community is to go outside and meet your neighbors! But if you’re more inclined to sit back and explore the community with your mobile device or PC, then we’ve got you covered!
This website is a great place to start conversations and comment on topics of interest. Most pages, as well as all news posts, have a comments section which you can use to comment, provide feedback, ask questions, or enrich with additional information. You don’t have to login to provide a comment.
Parkland Estates residents can also join the Nextdoor social network to digitally meet their neighbors, join in discussions related to our neighborhood, and even venture out into other nearby neighborhoods.
Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It’s the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it’s free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to:
- Quickly get the word out about a break-in
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter
- Find out who does the best paint job in town
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
- Find a new home for an outgrown bike
- Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Nextdoor Tips & Tricks
- When you create a Nextdoor account, you must provide your home address. The address provided must be in Parkland Estates in order for you to join our virtual community. To prevent non-residents from joining, they have various means to confirm that you live in the neighborhood.
- Once you create and confirm your account, you’ll have access to the virtual Parkland Estates neighborhood and proceed with the tasks below.
- Browse the neighborhood directory.
- You can configure Nextdoor to include nearby neighborhoods as well as Parkland Estates. You can also restrict the views so that only Parkland Estates related content is shown. Select the neighborhoods you want to display by clicking the “nearby neighborhoods” link on the right of the home page.
- Similarly, when you post a message, you can determine whether you want to target just Parkland Estates or nearby neighborhoods as well.
- More than half of our Parkland Estates neighbors have joined Nextdoor.